Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Recipe #5: Paula Deen's "Mama's Eggnog"

True Story:
My family doesn't drink eggnog during the holidays!
It just has never been a part of how we celebrates, but next to Christmas trees and Barry Manilow CD's, The first thing I think of when I here "Christmas" is eggnog. I think I've tried it once, but then again, that's not the point. The drink is suppose to symbolize being together with the family and getting drunk off your "arse". So, I needed a easy recipe that I could incorporate this season and use to try and start some new traditions in the Romance Junkie Household! =)

Paula Deen's "Mama's Eggnog"
 Ingredients:
  • 6 egg, separated*
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 pint heavy cream
  • 4 pints milk
  • 1/2 pint
  • Bourbon
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • Nutmeg
Directions:

In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the 1/2 cup of sugar until thick. In another bowl beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar until thick. In a third bowl beat the cream until thick. Add the cream to the yolks, fold in the egg whites, and add the milk, Bourbon, vanilla, and a pinch of nutmeg, if desired. Chill in freezer before serving.

There you go..that's it

Foodnetwork (and me too, don't want your death on my hands) would like to remind you:

RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell
--
You can find this recipe and tons of others on FoodNetwork.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Beautified by Barbara ~ Back To Top